Collision ChecklistCar collisions can be stressful and time-consuming. If you are in a collision,
it is important to gather specific information to make the repair process go as smoothly as possible.
Since most people carry a cell phone equipped with camera and video capabilities, this can aid police, insurance companies, and car repair facilities in analyzing the incident by taking photos and/or video.
Below are steps to take if you are in a collision.
- Find out if anyone is injured. Call 9-1-1 to request police and an ambulance.
- If no one is injured, call police to file an accident report.
- Do not admit fault.
- Get specific information from other driver(s) – Take Photos of ID and Insurance Cards
- Full Name
- Insurance provider and policy number
- License plate number and state
- Make, model, and year of other vehicle(s)
- Note location information and time of accident.
- Take photos of the vehicles and the scene from all angles BEFORE moving vehicles.
- Call your insurance company to file a claim.
- Give the insurance company all the information you have gathered from the incident including the other drivers’ information and the police claim number, if available.
- Once you file the initial claim, Kar Kraft Collision Center can handle the remaining insurance issues for you. We want assist in stream-lining the repair process.
- ***By law, it is your choice to choose the repair facility to repair your vehicle to pre-accident condition. Your insurance company may give you suggestions of preferred car repair shops, but you have the ultimate choice of facility you want to repair your car. This will not affect the payment for repair from your insurance company***
- If your vehicle needs immediate towing, call Wixom Towing 24/7 at (248) 624-8070.
- If you need a rental car during the time your vehicle is being repaired, we offer a loaner discount AND we will take care of the reservation for you. Kar Kraft Collision Center has partnered with many of the major car rental companies and can offer you a reduced price.
Car crashes can be a very stressful time. Kar Kraft Collision Center understands the inconvenience of having to wait for your vehicle to be repaired and getting the insurance companies sorted out. Kar Kraft Collision Center backs all work with a lifetime warranty. All parts are matched through an OEM matching program and are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Take your car to a facility who is licensed, backed by warranties, and cares about you and your vehicle – Kar Kraft Collision Center.